According to CIPD, despite the growing capability of managerial and leadership skills in individuals, the collective ability of organisations to make use of individual skills is sometimes limited by misaligned organisational structures and processes. An unsupportive organisational environment can act as a barrier to leadership in two ways:
- directly affecting the ability of individuals at all levels of an organisation to act as leaders
- affecting the ability of those in managerial positions to develop and empower others, to enable leadership in their teams.
In order to break the cycle of systemic deficiencies, organisations need to shift their focus from solely training individual leaders and managers and consider the system in which these individuals operate, while they continue to develop their capability.
Through Training and Development HR promotes, and fosters individual and organisational effectiveness by developing and offering an array of innovative and diverse programs in support of the organisation’s commitment to employee development, partnerships, and organisational enrichment.
The aim is:
- Provide quality, cost-effective training and development designed to increase individual and organisational productivity and enrichment.
- Create, promote, and foster an organisational environment that values development, diversity, and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Provide individuals and the organisation with the tools to respond effectively to customer needs as well as current and future demands for service.
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to the organisation’s succession efforts.
- Promote, support, and leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service