In order to promote a high quality workforce and collaborative relationships between employees and management HR provides guidance, training, and recommendations on managing performance, conduct issues, and contract interpretation, resolves complaints at the lowest level, and negotiates timely and responsible agreements.
The aim is:
- Foster a work environment which values cooperation over unilateral decision-making and collaboration over conflict.
- Work with departments to resolve all employee-employer problems at the lowest possible level.
- Ensure that all employees are treated equitably and consistently.
- Provide and maintain open lines of communication for the dissemination of information and early discovery and resolution of problems and issues.
- Ensure that all negotiated agreements are lawful and workable.
- Provide training to supervisors and managers to assist them in developing enhanced skills in employee relations.